Travel to Aston University by train
Birmingham New Street Station is the nearest main-line station to Aston University, a short 15-20 minutes walk away. The station has direct lines to most major cities and many local services.
Some regional and national services arrive at Birmingham Snow Hill and Moor Street stations, which are a short ten minute walk from campus. View an interactive map of the route from Snow Hill to Aston.
Visit http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ to plan your train journey, or call National Rail Enquires on +44(0)845 484 950.
Walking to campus from Birmingham New Street Station
Take a look at our interactive map of the route, or follow the instructions below.
From the main station concourse, go up the escalator directly ahead of the ticket barriers, then turn left into the Pallasades shopping centre.
- Walk towards the exit, then down the pedestrian ramp from the mall to street level. This is New Street, a bustling shopping street.
- Cross the road on to Corporation Street, straight ahead, then follow this main shopping street for half a mile to the campus. You will pass a Mothercare store on your right, and later a large House of Fraser department store on your left.
- Keep walking straight ahead down Corporation Street, past the red brick law courts on your left, until you reach the pelican crossings of James Watt Queensway (a main road) on the right-hand side.
- After the crossing, either go straight ahead on to the campus, or for the Main Building, turn left, walk for 50 metres then turn right into Aston Street.
- Just after the mini-roundabout and opposite the zebra crossing you will see the Main Building with its distinctive red and blue sky lifts.
Taxis can be hired from the taxi rank at New Street Station and cost around £5 to the University. There is also a taxi rank on campus to get back to the station.