Travel to Aston University by car
From whichever direction you are approaching Birmingham, Aston University is best reached from the M6 motorway (not the new M6 Toll, which bypasses the city).
There is very limited parking on campus, but ample parking in nearby visitors car parks.
Campus map (PDF)
- Exit the M6 at Junction 6, and follow signs for the A38(M) to the city centre. Ignore signs to 'Aston'. We are located in Birmingham City Centre, not Aston.
- Stay on the A38(M), Aston Expressway, for approximately two miles until you reach the third exit. This is just after you pass the overhead 'end of motorway' signs. Aston University is signposted from here. You will see the Aston University Main Building on your left.
- Take the LEFT filter lane here, and at the Lancaster Circus roundabout (next to the Fire Station) take the first exit left into James Watt Queensway
- Ignore the first left turn into Aston Street (this is for dropping off only) but keep going in the left hand lane, through two sets of traffic lights and passing the redbrick Lakeside university residences.
- At the third set of traffic lights turn left onto Jennens Road. Go to the end of the road, and at the roundabout take the fourth exit to go back onto Jennens Road. Take the second left into Millennium Point's car park as signposted.
Other routes to campus – from the South and West
Aston University is also close to the A4540 Birmingham Central Ring Road. Alternative routes to the campus from the South and West include the A45 from the M42 Junction 6, the A441 from the M42 Junction 2, The A456 from the M5 Junction 3 and the A38 from the M5 Junction 4.
Satellite Navigation Systems
Some visitors to Aston have reported that their satellite navigation systems have directed them off the motorway too early, onto ring roads and less obvious routes. We recommend drivers use maps initially and try to adhere to the directions above.